Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Can you be done talking now?

My last journal was written in frustration and I apologize, but it is often times like that are the most honest.

Things the past few days have gone well. We got our satellite dish hooked up and have been fighting with some guys from Dubai to get it working. It is so hard to deal with people who are thousands of miles away and it takes a day or two of talking back and forth to get out one train of thought. Anyway, it should be up and running in the next day or two (fingers crossed).

I got a chance to talk to my boy last Saturday. He always makes me laugh. He was telling me all the new things going on and I was telling him about my cool stuff. In the middle of my sentence he said, "Daddy, daddy..." I asked him what. He asked, "Can you be done talking now?" I said sure and he told me he had to go. Then we said our goodbyes and hung up. I just had to laugh. He is so grown up and I guess listening to daddy blabbering on the phone isn't as exciting as taking a nap.

I am sick of being on the FOB! All the guys come through my office when they come in from a mission. They talk about how their missions went and how different attacks and counter attacks played out. Their eyes light up as they explain the action. I am so jealous it makes me sick. I do not feel their enthusiasm about my job. I can't tell you much about it, but I will say that the bad guys here never expected what they got when they challenged Charlie Battery to a fight!!! There is a famous movie quote that says, "I'm coming, and I'm bringing hell with me!" Every time I hear these guys roll in, that quote runs through my head as I hear of the destruction the bad guys received.

Well, I will hopefully be able to keep this up more often, not that anything real exciting happens to me. I even get tired of talking about rocket attacks as they are not interesting at all compared to my "brother's" attacks. Of course you won't hear those stories from me. Most of those stories will be told on bar stools and in backyards all over Franklin County for years... hell decades... to come!