Friday, February 2, 2007

My strong, patriotic background

Once again I am proud to have come from such a strong family. I LOVE what I am doing and though my job will place me into more dangers than I ever imagined, I have faith and comfort that God is with me no matter what happens here. I fully support our president and the increase in troops. For me it means more boots on the ground to watch my back as I watch theirs. It means more guns in the fight and more eyes on the field. It means more down time between missions to clear my head and refocus after seeing the horrors of battle.

I want my family and friends to always believe in me and don't think for a moment that I don't want to be here. It is hard to explain the feeling in my gut that tells me I am supposed to be here. It is yet another intricate detail in God's plan for me. When I see mothers and families of fallen soldiers bashing the president and this war, it shames me. I sometimes fear that if I fall, I too may be used as a tool against the country I so proudly serve. The hard truth of life is I will die. Here or there, today or in a hundred years, by a bomb or a lifetime of bad diets! I have accepted this. I have accepted Christ as my savior and I willingly fight for my country and our way of life!